SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Winter 2012/13, who's riding snowboards?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Winter 2012/13, who's riding snowboards?

slavadov
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Gotta get my board fixed...although, it would probably be better to get a new board. I was doing some flatland ollies in my backyard last winter, and one of the binding screws popped out of the board, so that's all stripped now.

But, the board is 19 years old.

Upland_Yo
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote
marker wrote:
Quote:
Sounds like it will be a little slow for the PNW getting started but then it's going to kick it good around Jan-Feb. Last season was billed as possible epic and it was pretty rough going until late Feb.

Excited as always, you get what you get.

I like the "kick in" part. Seems like around here the best part is march/april and later anyways. Heck last year we rode 10" fresh pow on june 6, can't give up just cause the lifts stop.

Ya, it was cranking here in June as well.

June 10th was a good day.

marker
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
this was june 6th or 7 at 8 pm in the southbowls of schweitzer. Watched the weather all day and only expected 4-5 inches, ended up with 10-12 and unreal conditions, hiked 5 laps and regretted not doing a 6th

parasight
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
i live in the PIttsburgh area and we won't have any resorts open to ride at until Thanksgiving weekend and the very earliest. I haven't been able to go riding the past 2 seasons but that's changing this year. I probably won't get out as often as I wish, but I'm still going out at least a handful of times. I cannot wait.
Upland_Yo
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote
marker wrote:
this was june 6th or 7 at 8 pm in the southbowls of schweitzer. Watched the weather all day and only expected 4-5 inches, ended up with 10-12 and unreal conditions, hiked 5 laps and regretted not doing a 6th

I'm looking into a trip to Bridger, Big Sky, and down to Jackson before heading home. Probably hit up schweitzer and big mt on the way.

I've spent a lot of time in that area as a kid. My grandparents had some fat ranches between Priest River and Sandpoint and I'd hang out there in the summer. Love that part of the country except from those brown bears....bastard tried to steal my can of tuna.
marker
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote
yea that's some prime real estate between sandpoint and priest river. things have obviously changed since then but its still pretty low key. Definitely hit me up if you come through. I've got a shop that you can crash in.
marker
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quote
we are off to a great start. Lots of inbounds powder this week and some hiking today. temps have been cold and snow has been light. possible 10-12 in coming in for monday

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2