SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Winter 2012/13, who's riding snowboards?
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Winter 2012/13, who's riding snowboards?

Upland_Yo
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:02 am Reply with quote
Pretty fired up, 6-7 weeks away.
marker
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:30 am Reply with quote
I feel like the PNW is going to pay for all the goodness we got last season. its been awhile since we had a crappy year....I'm telling myself that if its a bad snow year that at least we will be able to hit some of the lines that we normally can't due to avi danger.
zeno01
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:43 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I hope to hit it up a couple times this year- outdated gear and all. But whateves. I'd rather skate, but the way it is around here, might as well make the most of it.

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote
marker wrote:
I feel like the PNW is going to pay for all the goodness we got last season. its been awhile since we had a crappy year....I'm telling myself that if its a bad snow year that at least we will be able to hit some of the lines that we normally can't due to avi danger.

I'm thinking you're right but damn if last year didn't suck. We stayed open but it was rough between late Dec - mid Feb. Finally kicked in and march, april, may, june was sweet.
marker
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quote
the el nino/la nina thread over at TGR in the snow conditions weather section is pretty good. There are some maps posted with predicted moisture and temps for the OND months and JFM. I guess we are looking at a regular winter what ever that means. Got sleds the middle of last winter so stoked to get out on them and look for new fun terrain but as I know can happen we could also end up working on the sleds and diggin them out. Just bought a new pack, spent too much on it but it looked so good. arcteryx quintic 35l, horizontal and vertical board carry with some cool side pockets. suppose to ride lower on your body and not swing around so much, I'm a sucker for packs.
norwesnika
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Lookin forward to it. Living in Bend now=closer to mt.
MuffBreff
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:58 am Reply with quote
I skipped last season for the first time since 1987. Thought I'd give snowmobile accessed boarding another year to find the hidden lines in Washington. Second ride out I blew my piston.

I guess it's back to chair 2 at Alpensmall.....
Upland_Yo
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:48 am Reply with quote
norwesnika wrote:
Lookin forward to it. Living in Bend now=closer to mt.

Get in touch with me at some point before the season starts. I'm in the process of selling my business and I think I'm going have a little extra free time this winter. That's the hope at least.

I'm ready, splitboard is dialed.
Upland_Yo
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:54 am Reply with quote
marker wrote:
the el nino/la nina thread over at TGR in the snow conditions weather section is pretty good. There are some maps posted with predicted moisture and temps for the OND months and JFM. I guess we are looking at a regular winter what ever that means. Got sleds the middle of last winter so stoked to get out on them and look for new fun terrain but as I know can happen we could also end up working on the sleds and diggin them out. Just bought a new pack, spent too much on it but it looked so good. arcteryx quintic 35l, horizontal and vertical board carry with some cool side pockets. suppose to ride lower on your body and not swing around so much, I'm a sucker for packs.

The forecast you can believe is coming out later this month. I find a lot changes between the first long term forecasts and the Oct Forecast for Nov-Dec.

Sounds like it will be a little slow for the PNW getting started but then it's going to kick it good around Jan-Feb. Last season was billed as possible epic and it was pretty rough going until late Feb.

Excited as always, you get what you get.
marker
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sounds like it will be a little slow for the PNW getting started but then it's going to kick it good around Jan-Feb. Last season was billed as possible epic and it was pretty rough going until late Feb.

Excited as always, you get what you get.

I like the "kick in" part. Seems like around here the best part is march/april and later anyways. Heck last year we rode 10" fresh pow on june 6, can't give up just cause the lifts stop.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next