SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  How do you longboard?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

How do you longboard?

ghostcavalry
Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:42 pm Reply with quote
WHERE to ride is a source of much frustration to me lately. I'm curious to know the percentage of urban/ suburban, semi/rural and way-out-in-the-sticks longboarders are here. Do you ride near your home or go somewhere else?

I live in the burbs but don't ride the streets. It's a shame I have to drive somewhere to find a piece of remote street as many roads as we build (Without bike paths, I might add.) What a waste of asphalt, and I pay damn high taxes too. Just too many speeding cars. At night I can't see as well either, but I still love night skating, especially in Summer.

WHERE, my friends, do you ride? Alone? At night? (etc...)

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:52 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
3 AM on a Sunday night is always nice for a cruise.

I live downtown in a small (115,000 or so) town, and there are 20 bars within walking distance of my place, so I'm always careful to wait until most of the drunks have cleared out.

Our surfaces are kind of lousy with the whole pothole-in-an-old-town sort of thing going on.

There are actually a couple of pretty intimidating hills around here, but the intersections are either blind or unprotected, so I haven't messed with them at all.

One night I was out cruising down a nice, gentle hill a couple of blocks from my place, and I didn't wipe out while going down, but I ate shit while pushing back uphill. Kind of ironic.

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:53 pm Reply with quote
i skate on my local hills (plus there is a great downhill following locally so we have killer get togethers with safe downhills.) i skate alone when i skate my local roads though. gives me time to think, the faster i go, the clearer my head
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2