SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SHIPPING  »  Places to avoid shipping to?
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Places to avoid shipping to?

fatoldskater
Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I know on here we pretty much ship to everyone, but for Ebay and stuff, what countries do people not ship to and why?
buzzbuzz
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Is the Philippines ok.....my friend?

seriously....is it???

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:54 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I heard spain is no bueno...
Madridsk8Crazy
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Mexico & South America are not so good as I was told by my local post office your packages can't be tracked as these countries don't have secure postal systems (theft of packages is high), as for other countries, I've shipped pretty much everywhere with no problems.

I sold some collectable cards to a guy in Mexico who claimed they never arrived and Paypal gave him all his money back plus the shipping cost as I couldn't get tracking on the package, I couldn't prove I shipped anything. So I ended up out the worth of the cards plus the cost to ship them to him.

If you ship anything to anywhere just check with your local post office and make sure you can get tracking and insurance. That way at least you are covered if the buyer claims it never arrived.

Decks I want in 2012; Madrid Ramp-age, team decks and early 90s Madrid
brokenorderband
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:03 pm Reply with quote
It would be easier for me to list where I do ship: USA, Canada, Australia/NZ, Japan, some of Eastern Europe and all of Western Europe except Italy. For the most part I avoid all other places because of common stereotypes and misconceptions.

From experience I refuse to ship to Italy because the postal system is horrible there and I won't ship to Russia because of fraudulent buyers.

I am considering unblocking some South American countries and South Korea. I mostly sell LPs and CDs on Ebay so which tend to get a lot more worldwide interest than skateboards do.

I have actually had a few problems with the German postal service but I have had so much overall success selling to users there that I would be foolish to block them

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Madridsk8Crazy wrote:
If you ship anything to anywhere just check with your local post office and make sure you can get tracking and insurance. That way at least you are covered if the buyer claims it never arrived.

agreed, unfortunately international tracking costs so much it tends to scare off international bidders (unless you want to eat the cost yourself which I would do if I was selling something worth over $1G). I have done Registered Mail but PayPal will not honor this method as trackable and it takes at least 3 times as long to arrive.

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Does Paypal really require tracking or just proof of shipping?

If a regular USPS receipt won't do, would it using Click-n-ship where the ship to address is on file?

Personally I'd be hard pressed not to sell to someone based only on country of origin.
brokenorderband
Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:15 pm Reply with quote
jchan wrote:
Does Paypal really require tracking or just proof of shipping?

I think they require proof of delivery but I could be wrong. I don't think just having a USPS receipt would win a claim for you. 9 times out of 10 the seller is going to take the hit in a PayPal dispute.

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:15 pm Reply with quote
i had someone win on ebay and so i gave him the options of shipping to the US.
He picked surface mail for some fucking unknown reason (altho i did advice him against it) but he paid for it so thats what i sent it.
Got a proof of postage from the PO and thought nothing of it

...til ten days later when the fuckwit pm'd me saying it hadnt arrived yet.
i then had to explain to him that 'no, thick cunt...it wont have, due to you being cheap and not paying for airmail'
anyway, after another 2 weeks of this, with him sending me a pm via ebay every 3 days or so, i just stop replying to him.

the next thing i see is a pm from ebay saying he has filed a claim against me for the 'missing item'
I lost the fucking plot, and sent them a message stating evrything that had happened, the postage number on the proof i had and everything i could think of.
Well, aparently, according to ebay, it was MY FAULT somehow (yep, you figure that one out then?) and i was to refund the buyers money
Now for some reason i then thought 'hang on...thats me out of pocket by xxx and the items will be at his within a few days probably...like fuck'

so i argueed with ebay but in their warped eyes the decision had been made and THAT WAS FINAL

now luckily my wife took all the paypal money out of the account so they couldnt get to it.

low and behold...two days later, terry fuckwit pm's me to say the item had arrived and he was over the moon with it and would be contacting ebay to sort out the 'problem'

i havent used my ebay account since and have no intention to either.

dont know if paypal require the same documenation as ebay but im CERTAIN a usps reciept wouldnt do fuck all for yer im sorry to say

....but I can skate for Bacon wrapped hotdogs with pulled pork and Glass bottled Dr Pepper!
buzzbuzz
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:45 am Reply with quote
Any other opinions on Spain?

Hi, how many shipping cost to Canary Islands ( SPAIN )? My postal code is 35006 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. Thank you so much

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next