SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Lowest prices on Ramp Armor
Page 1 of 1    

Lowest prices on Ramp Armor

oldsk8
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:24 pm Reply with quote
What is the going rate per sheet of ramp armor and the sub-str8 under layer and where can I get it for the lowest possible price? A friend is in need. Thanks
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:04 pm Reply with quote
just my opionion, but i think ramp armor sucks. the expn skatepark in grapvine uses it and it is the slipperiest shit ever. dont get it. i would rather skate ply wood.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nick
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:43 am Reply with quote
4x8 sheets are going for about 120+ per sheet. Can't say its worth it. I recomend findland birch if its going to be in doors, Its great but a little expensive. We have a whole park made with it here http://www.skateollies.com check out the photos.
oldsk8
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:51 am Reply with quote
Nick, if you couls p.m. me the specs and approx. prices on Finland birch (4x8) sheets I assume and what he should use as an underlayer for the vert ramp he is building. Thanls
Nick
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:22 pm Reply with quote
oh, this is for a vert ramp? I wouldn't put the birch on a virt ramp due to the fact that you need to slide down on the transition if you mess up. The birch creates a ton of friction when you fall on it. I couldn't imagine falling on a birch vert ramp, damn that would burn. haha Its great on minis and street coarse stuff. I believe its like $80 a sheet for the findland birch, dont buy any other type though it is all different. As for under layment, our vert has I think two layers of 1/2" plywood and then a layer of skatelite.
oldsk8
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Nick, it is for a vert ramp, going with the skatelite!!!

Page 1 of 1