SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Wanted: Screen Printing / Heat Transfer / Vinyl ? for decks
Page 1 of 1    

Wanted: Screen Printing / Heat Transfer / Vinyl ? for decks

tru1
Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Hi there. I'm new to the boards (*waves hand* )

I did some reading on google and found SBS forum to also be of some excellent help.

I'm looking to print my custom graphics on skateboard decks, but I just couldn't find the right printer/supplier for the job and I'm pretty sure I haven't contacted the right people.

I'm looking to build a long-term relationship with a printer/manufacturer but looking to start small.
Perhaps quantities running below 20.
I can provide the decks or not.

Preferably I would want the printer to be in Southern California, but not really required.
As I understand it. boards these days use water based inks and then heat transffered onto the deck. I've also been reading about adhesive vinyl then applying it directly to the board.

Not sure which method is the best, cheapest, but I'm looking to get more information.

Would love if anyone here can point me to a shop for custom decks. Pricing is a concern and so is quantity. I've looked at most OEM manufacturers and their quantity is just too high.

I would definitely appreciate the help!
Thanks guys
krayola
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:11 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 11 Feb 2007 Posts: 15449 Location: R'lyeh 47°9′S 126°43′W / 47.15°S 126.717°W / -47.15; -126.717
Definitely do it the cheapest way possible. Maybe Avery decal paper run through a Xerox machine and or stencils. Yes stencils are the way to go. You can do that yourself.

As to printing, look at Screaming Squeegees.

He wont touch anything less then 100 pieces for silkcreening.

If not already there is a few people here that silkscreen. However in my case I am really slow and very meticulous so can't help you.

tru1
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:45 am Reply with quote
I've been hearing about this company, it's somewhere in huntington beach I was told.
But the numebr to their company line is no longer in service.

Do you happen to know the new one?
Herosk8
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quote
your looking at a minimum of 50 boards per graphic with any company out there. how many colors per graphic including the background (base color?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tru1
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I understand with most, the min. quantity is probably going to be 50+ . Looking to see if anyone knows about anyone else that has lower quantity?

Not sure if heat transfer or digital printing is suited best, as my graphics have more than 4+ colors.
So perhaps screen printing may be out of the question?
Herosk8
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:44 pm Reply with quote
every company i know that is goin to print 4+ colors is goin to be a minimum of 50, but probably closer to 100 boards. usually you can get away with 2 color print for 50 boards.

looks like your gonna have to just order blanks and giant stickers for the bottom or poster prints and glue them on for less than 50 boards
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boss
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:39 pm Reply with quote
contact Resist Skateboards in Tn.

Page 1 of 1