SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  What was I thinking? A look back at the last few years.
Page 1 of 1    

What was I thinking? A look back at the last few years.

72ss454
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:47 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
This is friendly warning of how bad things can be for a new collector. The following links are just a small idea of what can happen in a few years on an extremely small budget. Just for the record, I do not even make 30K a year. I'm a single dad of a 14, almost 15 year old son. Just at a glance, I know that I did not see the A2A or D2D decks that I sold. Be warned that unless you have super will power, this could happen to you.

Old Wall pics:

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa...20pics/?start=all

Sold stuff:

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa...4/SOLD/?start=all

To a few more than this:

Make that the above three pics and then stuff I am trying to sell.

Ten years of playing on Ebay and here buying so many decks, just to sell to buy other decks. The bad part is that not all of the decks I have sold/traded/burned/gave away are in the mix of pics posted. It was fun, but I am moving on and trying to get away from this for a little while. There is one Jinx I need to find in nos condition and two other decks that I had as a kid that I want to add, but one hardly ever pops up(PE Lotti) and one popped up earlier this year and proved that it is definately out of my price range (Howell that smo(?) won off Ebay). I hope to keep talking and typing with the friends I have on here as well as some that I am not on such good terms with, but as far as buying I will be taking a break.

I don't really have a lot of regrets, but a few of the decks sold I will always miss. On the flip side, a few I wonder why I even bought in the first place.
buzzbuzz
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:51 pm Reply with quote
wake up, you're dreaming.....

NO ONE gets out of collecting......

once your bitten.....it's over......

worse than cigarettes......IMO....

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Rob will kick.......

he has been telling us for 2 years now.
TAOS
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:26 am Reply with quote
This thread this funny

hotrod wrote:
fuck off yer ball-less fag!
hows u doing?
slavadov
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:41 am Reply with quote
But, do you regret any of it?

72ss454
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:22 am Reply with quote
Just a few. The Cracked Jinx Mini off Ebay, one Jinx off here that had been trimmed down, and my three most expensive decks I regret how much I paid, but would do it again. There are a few others, but they were redeemed by karma. Now that I think about it, I only regret selling two decks. The red Jinx I sold to ukoldschool that is the only Jinx I need now in nos condition and the Jinx four bats that I sold to someone in Canada that had the best dark woodstain I have seen.

jacbli76
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:18 am Reply with quote
72ss454 wrote:
I regret how much I paid, but would do it again.

radrob
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Apr 2002 Posts: 6751 Location: under a rock at times...
funny how you go in this hobby with the idea of"oh,it would be cool to get what i had or my friends had when i was growing up"..then,at some point you say"now that i've got these,wouldn't this OTHER one compliment this theme i have goin"?
we all transition through this,in the quest of finding more about ourselves(in which our grails mean to us and represent) and meeting unknown enthusiasts along the way..some good,some bad..but the experience itself is rewarding..you could have spent the $ on something much more horrible to deal with life,but instead embraced the inner you with each purchase..that's all that counts right,is that contention for the moment?you live once so,why not?

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Hard to not have boards hanging on the wall after you've been bitten, I got out of the game for a while years ago for the simple fact I had thousands of dollars worth of boards on the wall and a new born baby and we're scraping by in low income housing, priorities man.. But I always had a couple boards hanging on the wall, now its 5-7 years later and we're on our feet again for good and now I'm back into collecting as we have the extra income & stability that we diddn't have before. Wish I would have been able to keep the boards I sold, back then I got around $6k, which helped us out a ton, if I would have kept them I'd probally be sitting pretty on $15k++ Gotta do what you gotta do.. I'll never sell them off again, but if I had to go back and do it all over I wouldn't change a thing.

Page 1 of 1