SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  zoo york
Page 1 of 1    

zoo york

letsgoskatepool
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:59 pm Reply with quote
now i know, zoo york, can you get any techier??? well, i happen to be friends with this guy harold who skates for them. basically he was intrigued with my skate style and we have kept in contact. one day last year he sent me a zoo york longboard prototype, saying it was one out of ten. the idea was trashed as they didnt see a market. well, today i went to see a movie and there is this skateshop right next to the theater. i step in to see if they have any cool anti hero decks (lookin out for ya six) and what do i see? the finished version of the zoo york lb!!!! the one i have is about 2" longer than the final version and is not a slick, but the new one is. i am setting up the new one tonite, riding it tommorow, and posting pictures later on in the evening. this board has an awesome shape. ill tell yall how it rides when i get back!

***edit- after riding it in my basement and rubbing my palm on the bottom of the board, it appears this deck has the w concave. weird

[ This Message was edited by: letsgoskatepool on 2004-01-17 01:11 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Stubbs
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:07 am Reply with quote
Would that Harold be Harold Hunter?
SkateRags
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:44 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I have a Shattered Skates deck with a w concave. It took some getting used to but I love that thing now.

I just went to the Zoo York site to look at it, has anyone seen the puppethead deck. Its hard to tell the shape but its almost 10" and looks like maybe a squareish tail

[ This Message was edited by: skaterags on 2004-01-17 17:55 ]
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:44 pm Reply with quote
yeah, that is his last name. the puppethead looks sick, but i cant get my hands on one. i rode the lb today AND LOVED IT!!!! amazing shape, light flex, and amazingly light. I can ollie on flat higher with it than with my factory 13 8ply. i have it set up with stage five indys and fartz in the front and 85a blanks in the back cause of the race earlier today. i am going to change the blanks with the farts though for the park. i cannot wait to hit vans with it!!! i highly reccomend it.
today i had about five people who wanted to get one of their own.

[ This Message was edited by: letsgoskatepool on 2004-01-17 21:44 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
SkateRags
Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:14 pm Reply with quote
How is that concave and do you know if the new ones have the same concave?
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:33 pm Reply with quote
the prototype i have does not have the concave. the new ones do. it feels so great. it isnt as 'intrusive' as the w concave on the bulldog lb, but it is more like the w concave on the bulldog sacred heart. it is also slick. im so pissed, there is a skatepark where i am but the weather is terrible!!! i wanna ride my longboard!
SkateRags
Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:36 pm Reply with quote
can yoou hook me up with some pics and how you set it up. I am thnking about picking one of these up.
Sk8Librarian
Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Seth,

Asylum skates in Rockville has one of the Zoo York longboards. I was there today and saw it. Seemed like a cool board...nothing I would want to skate a pool or park on, but might be a nice cruiser.

Andrew
SkateRags
Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Yea I dont think I could use it as a park rider either, but for a cruiser your right.
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:12 pm Reply with quote
yeah, i used it in a park over the weekend and loved it! i have it set up with stage 5 indys 169 with blackfarts in front and 85a blanks in back. awesome combo. i think if i take it to vans im going to put farts in back as well. super fun on the 1/4 pipe. i find it easier to use than the bds lb and it is significantly lighter. i am getting lb rails from local longboarder john dillon. he rode my board once and was sold. he ordered one today.

edit: weird, the picture says 9.5, but mine is 10.

[ This Message was edited by: letsgoskatepool on 2004-01-21 20:13 ]

Page 1 of 1