SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED:  »  The Nike Reach Around
Page 4 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

The Nike Reach Around

Stubbs
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Groton - Have you not seen them? They are available to purchase. The SB BRUIN Hi Top, I have a pair and they are outstanding.

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:45 am Reply with quote
watch animal chin... everyone is wearing jordans.
Slim
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Sep 2003 Posts: 2954 Location: pedro point, nor cal
is that before or after the circle jerk?

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:45 am Reply with quote
during actually.
motorpsycho67
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quote
When I was in Indonesia in 1998, Nike workers were earning $1.25 a day, living in a 9X9 cement box and working 8am to 8pm Monday thru Saturday and sometimes Sunday. They had no furniture and no A/C, had to breathe in toxic waste fumes from the factories and the burning trash, and had open sewers on both sides of every street. They coexisted with fist sized cockroaches and fucking HUGE rats. If they complained about any of this, they'd be out of a job..........fucking made me sick to my stomach. If you like Nikes, buy 'em and support these practices.....or don't. Whatever.
TenetSW
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:47 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2004 Posts: 639 Location: on the outside looking in
nike has a shoe that says "jocks suck" yet they would not exist without those jocks. will you boycott a "skaters suck" shoe?

this is a lame discussion. america itself has sold out for the lowest price possible. these disscussions wo'nt even matter when china, russia and iran are running the world anyways... i'm glad i'll be dead then

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:58 am Reply with quote
robots are the future for the shoe making industy

and as far as sk8ing goes ..... robots arent scared of doing a ss/bs/ts down a 18 stair rail

http://willymaze20five.webs.com/
mosu101
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:46 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
If there was an international standard "minimum wage" (and work place conditions) and Nike Employee's were paid that wage would it be ok to skate wearing Nike products?

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Damn, that sounds pretty rough. I'd say they have cleaned some of that up by now. People can much more easily identify their unfair treatment thanks to youtube and the world wide web.

What's even worse, though, is that these factories dump their waste into the ocean. In third world countries, they're happy to have Nike, who is happy to have them, because congress isn't telling them how to do things the safe and cost inefficient way.

Reminds me of that doc "american factory" when the Americans go to China and see people picking up glass and sorting it from a huge pile without cut resistant gloves.

These countries also produce a lot of your classical smoke stack styled pollution and you don't hear one iota from the western/white environmentalists about it. China literally has concentration camps for their western province muslims to take in the book of Mao and deny their way of life, yet no one like Greta or Lebron says a word about that.

Anyways, what shoes do you guys think are worth supporting these days? I am currently riding in a pair of Lakai Cambridges and they took a real long time to break in, but they do skate pretty well.

Lastly, what's up guys, been a while...hope you're all doing A-OK! 👌 👍

motorpsycho67 wrote:
When I was in Indonesia in 1998, Nike workers were earning $1.25 a day, living in a 9X9 cement box and working 8am to 8pm Monday thru Saturday and sometimes Sunday. They had no furniture and no A/C, had to breathe in toxic waste fumes from the factories and the burning trash, and had open sewers on both sides of every street. They coexisted with fist sized cockroaches and fucking HUGE rats. If they complained about any of this, they'd be out of a job..........fucking made me sick to my stomach. If you like Nikes, buy 'em and support these practices.....or don't. Whatever.

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Also, I've heard of Nike having some strange business practice where they essentially "force" shops to over-order and they have to move the product by a certain time or it costs them money?

Has anyone heard of this or something similar?

In short, it seemed if the shop failed to sell all the merch, they would be in the red, and in jeopardy of losing their biz...now of course this may not be the case and I'd like to repeat that I am asking for clarification.

The idea of some corporate suits picking and choosing which skate shops to take under is grotesque and I sure hope that isn't the case.

Page 4 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next