SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  I need an intervention
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

I need an intervention

Eggman-stepford13
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:59 am Reply with quote
Focus your collection.Brand,Time frame,shape,decks only etc.I'm apartment bound for life if I don't do the same.I always trip on the Powell collectors with the "every color" collections.1 deck/model is good enough for me,usually.Then again,my collection is almost all natural decks(1975-1979) Graphics never did it for me.Shapes/design are what I look at.Boring...I think not.
Eggman
72ss454
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:45 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Eggman, I have recently started phasing the used and reissue stuff out of my collection and have been concentrating on nos only. I tried to just collect Vision Jinx decks, but have found that the last three, one in particular, are impossible to find someone wanting to part with them. I added a few SMA deck, then a few Santa Cruz, Then a Life, then a LSD, and who knows what will be next. I have dedicated one small room and when the walls are filled, that's it. I have a few that I need to hang, but for now they are hidden under my bed. If I could focus a little better, I might be in better shape.
jacbli76
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quote
doesn't seem like Rob really wants help w/ his problem
72ss454
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quote
shhhhh!
Pstewart
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quote
Don't feel bad bro. I bought $12,000 worth of decks last month. You'll be ok
72ss454
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Pstewart wrote:
Don't feel bad bro. I bought $12,000 worth of decks last month. You'll be ok

That is just under half of my yearly gross income. I have spent at least a third that much over the past year. I keep trying to step away, but there is always a good deal that pops up right about the same time I try to walk away. My biggest problem is finding a deck I want, buying it, and then finding one I like better in a different color. Then I end up with two and can't part with either. Then I want to get a third to skate because I end up falling in love with the shape. If I end up buying a third I don't want to skate it because I notice some slight difference that makes me want to keep it.

I think I am working on becoming the king of "can you hold it for me until payday?", purchasing. I have two lined up and then I need to walk away and stick to only looking for Vision Jinx decks again. Only three nos versions to go and if I ever come across a BLACK DIPPED 1988 VISION JINX MINI, I would be willing to take out a loan or sell the majority of my collection for it.

There are a few others, but not so much.
bluedntattood
Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:14 am Reply with quote
Hey bro. I try to focus on decks I actually had and skated back in the day. I also go after decks that I was fond of but didn't have the scratch to acquire being an unemployed teen. My only other suggestion would be to cut your hands off with a chainsaw and do not learn to type with either your nose or a pencil in your mouth.
Paul-CROSS
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:00 am Reply with quote
Just buy em, . . . . your a long time dead
flynnnaryd
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:46 am Reply with quote
I agree you only live once as long as you got a line af credit and a millionn dollar house to lean against your should be fine... At least I hope Is that realy enough????????

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2