SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Camber?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Camber?

Pool-Skater
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:05 am Reply with quote
The Comet Classic Camber is a really fun deck. When I stand on it, it flexes to about level. Has an excellent "sproing." I was gonna treat myself to one, but we sold out of 'em...
wreckordist
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:29 am Reply with quote
My Bulldog Longboard with the "W" concave definitely flexes (not a lot but it does). I'm 6'1" and 230lbs... which probably has something to do with it! LOL
It's a 7 ply and 38 inches long so it better flex or it would probably snap like a twig. I'm one of the guys that bought the BDS and was suddenly rocketed in to the 4th dimension; now I only want long pigs. It has 7-8 inches more length than any other deck I'd ever owned and, to me, it is so much more than a "long board", and the "W" concave is the coolest advance in board design to come along in a long time.
Having said all that (and speaking of "not flexing"), Christmas came a little early for me this year - my Factory 13 custom snub nosed long pig finally came! Now this is a deck that won't flex. It's 10.5" x 35" with a 21" wheel base. It's also an 8 ply medium concave and "stiff as a board"! (HA HA HA Ohhhh man, I crack myself up!!!) This thing kicks ass, even if I do say so myself (I designed it).
DunnDiego
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Ghost, that's just the first pic I could find of a board w/camber. I don't know much about the board or the company but here's a link to the spec's for that one...

http://soulboards.com/detail.php?item=SBINTF001
K-Beam
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Now take a look at these Turners and you can really appreciate the amount of camber these legendary slalom rigs have.

http://www.octanesport.com/turner1.dwt

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2