SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  Tell the truth, how bad is the addiction?
Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Tell the truth, how bad is the addiction?

ghostcavalry
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:24 am Reply with quote
I don't make that much money so I do alot of creative budgeting. Drive a 1991 hooptie-deluxe, scan second hand stores for clothes (they usually have some cool vintage 1980s batiks shirts...) And as most of you know from my lame correspondence skills and lists, I'm still living in the 20th century, computer-wise. We don't have a big screen TV, etc, etc.

My motto is the same as the depression theme; 'Buy it new, wear it out, make it do, or do without.' But also, Ben Franklin's; 'Waste not, want not.' All this gives ya some extra cash to splurge guilt-free on the sk8 collecting hobby.

This country is so geared toward consumption and waste, I feel like I'm only do my small part anyway...The sk8 collecting notwithstanding...

shakes
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Man I wish I saw this comming. I just started my collection last week and I'm already hooked. Spent $600 within the first two days on 4 boards, which isn't too bad judging by other posts, but I am already thinking about others and only one has arrived so far. My girlfriend doesn't have any idea about the other three on the way so hopefully I can intercept the rest.
jkelly
Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:53 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 11 Aug 2003 Posts: 7129 Location: Wild in the streets
this is a old post but im licking my wounds... 1100 on decks and 2500 on things to make my car way to fast. All in the last week..and im heading to San Diego for the next week..god that hurts

[ This Message was edited by: jkelly on 2003-08-30 03:19 ]
sixpack
Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Ah, another ghetto-fab section of the forums no one goes to. Since Im sitting here at work on Thanksgiving week with nothing to do, heres my gigantic numbers!

$100 a month; it usually works out to be a deck a month (to skate, I dont hang anything...too rich for my blood), a shirt or two and maybe a hat or some other useless shit. I then sell the deck for less than half what I paid after using it most likely 2 times, eat the shipping and spend it on another deck.

Repeat ad nauseum.
XSKATECONTROLX
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:25 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2003 Posts: 929 Location: ...from the east coast, to the west coast...
i have dropped a ton of cash this semester!! i have a full scholarship to an art college that covers $2,000 more than my actual tuition per semester. since i am in my last year now, i am taking all academics, so the extra $2,000 which usually goes straight to art supplies went primarily to ebay on old school auctions! ....it might not have been the wisest decision, but i figure i'll most likely be broke the rest of my life, so i should enjoy myself at the expense of others while i have the chance!

balls

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Oct 2003 Posts: 11215 Location: Santa Cruz California
I would have to say about 300 a month. I dont make that much either. I kept telling myself i would quit doing drugs, DAMN!!!!
what was i saying, oh yea. I just started 3 month ago and somehow have 15 boards laying around. The bad thing about it is my girlfriend got into it too. She somewhat of an artist so anything anime she wants!LIKE EVERY HOOK UPS BOARD EVER MADE!!!.

Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3