SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Best tempature to keep your shop?
Page 1 of 1    

Best tempature to keep your shop?

ajmitchell11
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:34 am Reply with quote
Hi all... I have a shop in PA, and I was wondering if anyone can give advice for the best tempature to keep your shop set to.. I have the shop for 2 years now, and I have a world industries deck, that i noticed is warped. I normaly keep the temp set to 60 degrees in the evening to save on fuel, and 70 degrees doring business hours.

This is the second deck i found that is warped in a 2 year period. So I am not sure if it is happening here or if that is the way I received them from the destributor?

Any input would great... Thanks

aj-
slowave7
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:22 am Reply with quote
Check the rH of the air in your shop as well. Moist/dry air in the day that gets dry/moist at night will do some damage also.

But 2 decks in 2 years is about as good as it gets.........

unless you only sell 4 decks a year.

And-welcome to the darkside AJ.

brianzig
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't sweat two in two years (although I will now in this economy). Your temps are what I've been running without any major issues.

One thing I would look at is if any of the decks are getting direct sunlight. If so, frequent rotation or some sort of shade will help. Our old store had two big windows that would toast the shop for a few hours each afternoon. One of our vendors hooked us up with some logo window vinyl and we were good to go after that.

Page 1 of 1