SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Did anybody else see these new beauties from Foundation?
Page 13 of 15    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Did anybody else see these new beauties from Foundation?

Count Ratula
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Seems like getting gay is the death rattle for threads these days.

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Cappy wrote:
bfg1971 wrote:

And people wonder why industry types come on here and want to remain incognito........

Communicating.

No one did really communicate the past ~15 years and today with the internet it�s a direct confrontation. People are encourage to talk what happend in the past and what skateboarding look like today. There is no doubt, the industry can be blamed for that.

I don�t think it�s only the shit talk, i think they probably regret some decisions from the past. I mean they took all their money in the early 90�s and did bet on that streethorse. They won, they loosed alot later, a few years ago they won again and today they are loosing in sales again. The only stability in sales are the wholesale, the loyalty is, what�s "Hip" on the streets and that was all.

Then they go on the internet and find alot of forums, where time must have been still. No monotony, customers in five-digit range that they have never reached. They probably never will again, because their reputation is gone. They did bet on the wrong horse.

Of course they can reissue some stuff, to rebuild their reputation. But as often seen here, if it�s not done well, it will hurt them more. Getting the loyalty of a customer back, is the hardest thing in business. Especially with these anal old farts today.

They can remake every "oldschool" board, however if they are not sure that it�s done like back in the day, they should put a new graphic on it, or there will always be a 10-15 sites rambling topic here.

Yeah. What he said ^^^.
frontsideslappy
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Jan 2002 Posts: 5027 Location: East coast now....gypsy..
Count Ratula wrote:
Seems like getting gay is the death rattle for threads these days.

yeah,I wasnt trying to get gay but oh well...
P: Swank
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:00 am Reply with quote
It's all good shit. I appreciate the props. Just that this discussion came up and went as it did shows the interest and passion that skateboarding as a culture offers. It's crazy because I never expected to be doing what I do and have done but I am thankful that skateboarding found me every day.

Here's a story. I recently was selling a wheel printing machine. I threw it out to George Powell. He recently became a board member of IASC. We have these board meetings and topics come up that we all conflict on. I have conflicted with George but that is what it is all about. In hopes of democratic solutions. Anyways George sent me a note that he would like to come to my warehouse to check out the machine. I saw him at the next meeting and told him that it would be weird for him to come to my WH. He said, "Whats you think I am going to steal your trade secrets?!?" I said, "No George, It's just weird because you are George Powell(a godfather of the skate industry. I can remember salvating over Powell ads featuring the Quciksilver completes withes Bones wheels.) and I remember just being a kid and knowing of who he was and what he did in skateboarding." That would make it weird. He chuckled at that.

He came by and it was cool. Everyone at my place was stoked to meet him and we had cool conversations. You have to appreciate these dudes that have endured so much and keep committing despite your own opinions that may disagree with them. Novak and Fausto (RIP) also. Independents that just do their shit despite all the crap that has been throwin thier way.

Yea. I am partying on a Sat nite at home checking out SABS.com. Wahoo! Cheers to you. Miller lite for me nowadays. Yea I'm drunk.

Lates. TS
frontsideslappy
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:28 am Reply with quote
Rad!
on a side note,will you please make a Justin Lovely reish? cool beans....see you monday...gotta pic up some boards down there in SD...
Thanks
Pat
goofyfoot_rider
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:28 am Reply with quote
bfg1971 wrote:
Wow, this is a heavy flow thread. Needs some of these:

And people wonder why industry types come on here and want to remain incognito........

and I don't particularly care to know where or how they get inserted......

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I just picked some up on Monday,Tod was cool enough to sign one for me,very nice guys down there at Tum yeto...I have one left,I may ride it though...thanks Tod!
Count Ratula
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Tod is the man.

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:10 pm Reply with quote
no doubt,he just disappeared for a second,came back with a board and signed and said here...I was like a kid at Christmas!Thanks again Tod!
jkelly
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Aug 2003 Posts: 7129 Location: Wild in the streets
frontsideslappy wrote:
no doubt,he just disappeared for a second,came back with a board and signed and said here...I was like a kid at Christmas!Thanks again Tod!

very cool

Jay

[quote="tioem"]The closest some guys get to pussy is being one.
I'm not talking about any of you queers. [/quote]

Page 13 of 15    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next