SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  home made flash cure!!!
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

home made flash cure!!!

infamouscody
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote
hey guys after lots of thought and design i have finaly built a flash cure unit to cure my shirts!!! i used 4- 250watt infrared heat bulbs and a simple switch. very cheap but works great. cures shirts in about 15-20 seconds!!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b39...ouscody/me045.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b39...ouscody/me042.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b39...ouscody/me044.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b39...ouscody/me043.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
stoney66
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:19 am Reply with quote
Cody - what's up w/ those big assed photos?
What was your cost on that sucker?

~larry
Fool's Gold
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:49 am Reply with quote
do you have a system to move it over your shirts, or is this strictly for curing . . . if it's curing shirts in 15 seconds it must be running around 600 degrees, are you concerned about the wood catching fire? watch out for those wires melting in your switchbox (just replaced the wiring in two flash units due to melting) looks good though

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:08 am Reply with quote
thanks guys, yea, i just keep it next to my press and after i print a shirt i put it under the box, by the time i get the next shirt printed its cured. then i put that one under and so on. but im not worried about the wires becuase the light bulbs have a protective shield on the inside of them so the only heat comes from the bottom of the bulb. and the switch is wired at the top of the box. but after the box warms up, it gets to about 370' so it cures the shirts if left in long enough. the bulbs were 2.00$ each, i just bought like 10 of 'em. and the bulb sockets i get from some unused track lighting but you can buy em for like 3.00$ each. the wood i had in my woodworking shop but you can buy 1 peice ( 1" x 8" x 96" ). prolly like 7.00$ so for about 10-15 $ you can build one, but right now im workin on doubling it in length and bulbs then building a conveyor. ill keep you up guys posted. if you would like i cld take more detailed pics. let me know, thanks,

cody
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
stoney66
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:10 pm Reply with quote
That's rad, but where in hell do you get 250w bulbs for $2? Cheapest I can find is $8-12.
infamouscody
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quote
actualy, i found em' in a tractor supply! lol
emoxfag
Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:58 pm Reply with quote
would it be safe to use 2 500 watt bulbs? i have a few lying around from photography.i guess i could just try it and see huh?
infamouscody
Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote
yea i dont see why not, i wnna actualy build one with 4 - 500w bulbs. but you never know till you try. let me know

cody
emoxfag
Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote
i have 5 bulbs and i only use one for exposing. i just finished my new one color shirt press, so i guess its time to make the cure.
infamouscody
Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:09 pm Reply with quote
oh realy, thats cool, you got any pics, and yea those bulbs shld be fine. try to take some pics of your press and your cure.

cody

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next