SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  PRESS RELEASES, COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENTS, NEWS & SALES  »  Board room 2
Page 4 of 7    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board room 2

Chip DeLam
Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:43 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
all photos have to be taken indoors? no outdoor pics?
seangis
Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:45 am Reply with quote
lol...ill email you all the details on june 15...but indoor or outdoor wont be an issue

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:49 am Reply with quote
Ok I'll just wait then & I'll keep the stale jokes to myself from here on out.
dsb-1
Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm in......stoked this is going to happen. The first book was fkn killer! I will send the pics and write up to you again....
seangis
Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:56 pm Reply with quote
dsb-1 wrote:
I'm in......stoked this is going to happen. The first book was fkn killer! I will send the pics and write up to you again....

email me at [email protected] to register interest so I can add you to the group email going out on june 15

Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:52 am Reply with quote
2 weeks to go until I have the numbers and I send instructions...get your email to [email protected] to be on the list

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:20 am Reply with quote
email has been sent with instructions....let me know if you missed it and want in...

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:29 am Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
Firstly, thanks for all the interest. This is going to be a great project and as you can see from the email list there is a lot of interest. If you want to forward this to any friends that may be interested, feel free to do so. OK so here are a rough set of parameters, feel free to ask me any questions

1. The size of the book is going to be 10X8..similar to the size of a magazine but in landscape mode. This will give you an idea of how I am going to present it and might make you think about pics. Just try and remember when sending in pics that the way I will display them will be in landscape.

2. Pics need to be 300dpi which basically means use the best camera you can get 12Mp or higher and use the highest setting. I will work with you on pics so if you arent sure send me some and I will let you know. Saying this, I will be strict with pic quality on this one. I think these days that everyone has a friend with or has a dslr themselves. If you have a hobbyist friend or even a professional photographer friend, ask them and they can get a pic credit in the book.

3. Pics of walls are king. If you have a wall with 5 decks but have 20 decks, shift them around and send me 4 pics. If walls arent an option, lay the decks out together or whatever you think will work, get creative. You have spent a lot of time getting your collection together, might as well do your best to represent them. I wont take single pics this time but if that is your only option, I will take photoshopped compilations but again the quality must be good (unlike a few of my efforts in the first book). I have attached a copy of Etokles submission from the first book as an example.

4. I wont take any submissions this time without some words written.. It makes the book and personalises it. Here are some possible titles to get you thinking

•Why I started collecting?

• My best score?

• Hunting down my grail?

• What collecting means to me?

• How collecting has filled a space in my life

• Mid-life crisis

Anyway, you get the idea…anything skate related but just something to add

Should be no less than 50 words and no more than 2000…guys from book 1, if you want to submit the same words, that is fine but something different would be preferably even if it is just a little tweaked.

I will sign your written piece off with either your name, nickname or Initials, this is your choice..so it will either be Sean Gisler, seangis or SG.

5. I will use the pics you send me for the book, I will also use a few to promote it on facebook. If you dont want me to do that, let me know. I will not use your pics anywhere else and I WILL not approach you for any decks you may have that I like...thats the hard one.

6. Book is hopefully going to be about 250 pages. This will bring cost in at about 65-85 depending on hardcover or soft cover options but i will have premium options as well but a copy will be able to be had for almost a third of the price of the last one, which is why I have opted for smaller size. There will also be a surprise option available for everyone that’s in the book that will be really cool. I will also give everyone a pdf or ibook of the book after it has been out for at least 6 months.
7. Please email pics to [email protected]

8. I want all stuff in by August 25...earlier is appreciated but dont stress as August 25 will make sure you get a copy for halloween...I WILL NOT budge on the time this time around so if I don’t get it by then, it will be too late…you have two months which should be plenty of time.

The book will be out on my daughters birthday early October which I am embarrassed to see I mixed up earlier and it is in face october 9, not 17..thats the middle girl.

This book will be a lot better than the first and is being created with an isbn which means it will be available on amazon and I am putting it in some book shops…shits goint to be fancy and have page numbers too..

I am sure when I press send, I will think of heaps of other things to say but for now, get snapping and putting together some words.

Dont be shy about sending Qs.

Talk soon

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:48 am Reply with quote
Board room 2 is shaping up to be awesome...some returns and some new collections being submitted including some of the heavy hitters from snb that missed out last time.....this one will def be more complete ...stoked as on it, cant wait to be cruising a book shop and see it on the shelf

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:53 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jan 2013 Posts: 3666 Location: Sydney, Australia
Have you worked out prices yet or too early to know?
With the Hotrod photo/tribute I'm in for one.

Page 4 of 7    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next