SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Santa Cruz and Star Wars teaming up!
Page 2 of 11    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Santa Cruz and Star Wars teaming up!

Goon
Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Santa Cruz Skateboards™ is honored to announce the officially licensed partnership with Lucasfilm™, featuring a limited edition collection of Star Wars™ skateboard decks and cruzers.

Known for some of the most iconic graphics in skateboarding history, Santa Cruz has created original illustrated graphics of classic Star Wars™ characters available on both decks and complete cruzer skateboards.

Four Star Wars™ skateboard decks are available in either “Collector’s Edition” or “Shred Ready” models so you can set up one to ride and keep the other in its highly collectible packaging. The "Collector's Edition" is packaged in a vintage toy inspired blister pack and includes a laser etched numbered deck, matching laser cut Certificate of Authenticity, and a deck art poster. The "Shred Ready" model comes in standard shrink-wrapped packaging.

The cruzer offering consists of five extremely functional shapes and sizes adorned with vintage inspired, Santa Cruz illustrated portraits of your favorite Star Wars™ characters. All Star Wars™ cruzers feature the same high quality components you would expect from Santa Cruz.

A stand out piece in the collaboration is the Darth Vader™ Wood Inlay deck. The entire graphic is constructed using laser cut Maple, Elm and Walnut Burl wood veneers that are then individually hand assembled. These incredibly unique decks are laser serial numbered with matching numbered Certificates of Authenticity and encased in its own custom foil printed and embossed, foam lined display box – a must have for both Star Wars™ and Santa Cruz Skateboards™ collectors.

Look for new offerings throughout 2014.

Product will be available Worldwide Feb 17th.

Ricketts
Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
That Vader inlay is pretty sweet looking!!

Ken Park Crystal Ball
Grabke HBT (Purple stain)
Lee American Icons
cujo613
Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Oct 2003 Posts: 11215 Location: Santa Cruz California
kinda look like shit, dont remember solo having big ol lips like that, and the artists rendering of vader is shit as well. dont really buy he going to cradle a light saber, should have been drawn holding the light saber not shouldering it like a rifle. complete fail second rate bandwagon art
Over an 8th
Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 Posts: 1169 Location: I'm everywhere, like Jebus.
Holy hell the Vader inlay is beautiful.

I'm sorry, but I'm a sucker for anything Santa Cruz and Star Wars (except Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith....I just try to pretend those never happened....oh and the Special Edition versions of the original trilogy.....Greedo shooting first makes me sick)
Over an 8th
Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 Posts: 1169 Location: I'm everywhere, like Jebus.
I would love to see a deck series of all the litesabre hilts.

Vaders sabre on the 8.8 shape!!!!

The Darth Maul hilt could be a longboard....since Dooku's hilt is curved you could put it on maybe a Jason Jessee 80's shape....

God I'm a geek.
pig city
Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Cool 20 years ago when Plan B did it but this is as desperate as the other SC collabs and novelty shit.

I collect SW stuff too but these just don't do it for me the illustrations to me look like they are from a kids stationery range. Same missed opportunity as the Burton SW collaboration
Titletownjeff
Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Leia needs bigger tits
Goon
Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Thanks dudes, super stoked on how they came out. The packaged boards are awesome looking in person. The inlay is crazy, so clean. We filmed a video up at Lucasfilm with Jason Jesse and the team dudes, Vader, super fun. Will be releasing it closer to shipping. the reaction from buyers and fans was off the hook at the show. These are going to go super fast. So hyped to get to work with them and work on this........
spruceloose
Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
It would be hard to top the plan b Star Wars decks the art on those is beautiful. And not a cheesy looking money grab.
mdspb
Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 02 Oct 2005 Posts: 856 Location: Bay Area in body; upstate NY in the soul
Goon wrote:
Thanks dudes, super stoked on how they came out. The packaged boards are awesome looking in person. The inlay is crazy, so clean. We filmed a video up at Lucasfilm with Jason Jesse and the team dudes, Vader, super fun. Will be releasing it closer to shipping. the reaction from buyers and fans was off the hook at the show. These are going to go super fast. So hyped to get to work with them and work on this........

Rumor has it they approved it on the first go - congrats! They look awesome and I am stoked.

iso: Unbelievers; Shut; Lake Bob Umbel

Page 2 of 11    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next